Deborah Bucksbaum counsels clients on a broad range of business-related issues and represents insurance policyholders in coverage disputes. Over her 30-plus year career, she has worked for large multi-national law firms, served as chief legal officer for an affordable housing developer (Chelsea Investment Co.), co-founded what was believed to be the first 100% women-owned business litigation firm in California, and co-founded and operated a gift-book publishing company. In her in-house roles in affordable housing and publishing and her representation of clients in a variety of industries as outside counsel, Deborah has handled business transactions, claims oversight, general intellectual property issues, lease agreements, and other legal matters.
- Georgetown University Law Center, 1982
(served as Project Editor for American Criminal Law Review)
- University of California, Santa Barbara, cum laude, 1976
- Business Law
- Insurance Coverage, Policyholders
- State Bar of California
- Pro Bono and Community Activities:
- Jewish Family Service, San Diego – Director and Chair of Public Affairs Committee, 2014-present
- Big Brothers Big Sisters, Venture County – Advisory Board, 2002-2005
Deborah also serves clients as a business and life strategies coach. She happily balanced her career with raising her son for 18 years.