Mike served as the elected District Attorney for the County of Ventura, CA from 1979-2003. He was the longest serving elected District Attorney in California history. During his tenure he prosecuted many high profile, landmark cases and successfully advocated for tough laws against serious violent crimes.
As district attorney and chief law enforcement official in the county he led an office of approximately 600 employees in the prosecution of all crimes committed within the county, pursued civil consumer fraud, civil forfeiture actions, writs and appeals and enforced child support obligations.
Prior to being elected, Mike Bradbury served as a Deputy District Attorney in the County of Ventura, CA from 1967-1978.
Years Following Service As District Attorney
- Mike was a partner a, Weston Benshoof LLP Los Angeles, CA 2003-2005. From 2005 to 2009 he was a partner at Alston & Bird LLP Los Angeles Office, CA from 2005-2009. He was a partner at The Law Firm of Michael Bradbury, Ojai, CA from 2009-2019, before joining Groveman Hiete.
- In the private practice of law Mike Bradbury handled primarily civil matters representing corporate clients as well as individuals in a variety of matters which involved appearances in the superior court of several California counties; He specialized in providing business advice to clients principally in order to avoid lawsuits, litigation and criminal charges; clients included Starbucks corporation and the Reagan library.
AWARDS AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS (partial list)
- 1985 CDAA RECOGNITION FOR OUTSTANDING LEADERSHIP AS PRESIDENT
- 1998 BEACON OF LIGHT AMERICANISM AWARD; THOUSAND OAKS REP WOMEN
- 1992 UNITED STATES MARSHAL’S STAR AWARD (REC’D WITH JIMMY STEWART
- 1999 HONORARY BILLINGS, MT DEPUTY SHERIFF
- 2003 COMMITMENT & SERVICE AWARD JOINTLY FROM CAL PEACE OFFICERS ASSOC; CAL POLICE CHIEFS ASSOC; CDAA; CAL SHERIFFS ASSOC; CAL NARCOTICS OFFICERS ASSOC.
- 2005 PEACE OFFICERS OF VENTURA COUNTY AWARD FOR SUPPORT OF LAW ENFORCEMENT; ENGRAVING READS: “YOU ARE A LAWMAN WHO TRULY SITS TALL IN THE SADDLE”
- 1999 CDAA RECOGNITION FOR OUTSTANDING LEADERSHIP AS PRESIDENT
- 2010 UNITED STATES SECRET SERVICE HOSTING MDB IN THE REAGAN LIBRARY PRIVATE QUARTERS
- 1987 PATRICK HENRY PATRIOTISM AWARD FROM THE MILITARY ORDER OF WORLD WARS
- 2002 NORKA AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE IN LEADERSHIP
- 2002 PRESENTATION TO MDB FROM THE REAGAN FOUNDATION IN GRATITUDE FOR SERVICE TO THE PRESIDENT
- 1998 GOVENOR PETE WILSON RECOGNITION OF MDB FOR LEADERSHIP AS PRESIDENT OF THE CALIFORNIA COUNCIL ON CRIMINAL JUSTICE
- 2012 TRIBUTE IN THE CONGRESSIONAL RECORD BY CONGRESSMAN GALLEGLY FOR MDB’S OUTSTANDING SERVICE AS DISTRICT ATTORNEY
- 2002 RECOGNITION BY THE CALIFORNIA CHECK INVESTIGATORS ASSOC FOR MDB’S OUTSTANDING CONTRIBUTION TO LAW ENFORCEMENT
- 1991 AJUDICATION AWARD PRESENTED TO MDB IN WDC BY THE NATIONAL COMMISSION AGAINST DRUNK DRIVING
- 1980-1998 MEMBER OF PRESIDENT REAGANS COMMISSION AGAINST DRUNK DRIVING
- 2002 AWARD FOR INSPIRATION AND SUPPORT TO THOUSAND OAKS SAFE HARBORS PROGRAM
- 2006 INTEGRITY IN SERVICE AWARD FROM THE CONEJO VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
- 2011 EXCELLENCE IN LEADERSHIP AWARD FROM THE GOLD COAST VETERANS ASSOCIATION
- 2008 FOUNDERS AWARD, VENTURA COUNTY SHERIFFS FOUNDATION
- 2003 -2008 DISTINGUISHED SERVICE, BOARD OF REGENTS CALIFORNIA LUTHERAN UNIVERSITY
- 2000-PRESENT: MEMBER BOARD OF DIRECTORS COMMUNITY MEMORIAL HOSPITAL SYSTEM
- 2003-PRESENT: MEMBER BOARD OF DIRECTORS VENTURA COUNTY FAIR (31ST AGRICULTURA ASSOCIATION)
- 2011 GLOBAL ENERGY DIPLOMACY GEORGE WASHINGTON EXCELLENCE IN LEADERSHIP AWARD
- University of Oregon Bachelors of Science Degree
- University of California – Hastings College of Law Doctor of Law Degree
- Certificate of Completion – National District Attorney’s College
- Admitted to practice before the following courts:
- United States Supreme Court and all lower federal courts (note: the motion to admit me to practice before the US Supreme Court was made by US Attorney General Edwin Meese III)
- The California Supreme Court
- 2004 RECIPIENT DEEM MEDAL OF JUSTICE AWARD VCDAO
- 1998 SILVER BEAVER AWARD, VENTURA COUNTY COUNCIL BSA
- 1987 THE LAW ENFORCEMENT COMMENDATION MEDAL; THE NATIONAL SOCIETY OF THE SONS OF THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION
- PAUL HARRIS FELLOW (TWO SEPARATE AWARDS) ROTARY INTERNATIONAL
- PERSONAL LETTERS FROM: PRESIDENT REAGAN, J. EDGAR HOOVER; PRESIDENT CLINTON
- PHOTOS (SIGNED) WITH THE FOLLOWING PEOPLE: PRESIDENT REAGAN; PRESIDENT BUSH, SR.; PRESIDENT BUSH JR.; GOVERNORS WILSON, DEUKMEJIAN, SCHWARTZENEGGER; US SENATORS MITT ROMNEY, JOHN MCLAIN, BOB DOLE, SEVERAL JUSTICES ETC.
- TWICE SERVED AS A DELEGATE TO THE REPUBLICAN PRESIDENTIAL CONVENTIONS
- TAUGHT LAW CLASSES AT MOORPARK COMMUNITY COLLEGE
- TAUGHT AT THE FBI ACADEMY
- TAUGHT AT THE NATIONAL COLLEGE OF DISTRICT ATTORNEYS
“DRIVING UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF DRUGS: A LAW ENFORCEMENT PERSPECTIVE” BY MDB DELIVERED AT THE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE OF TRAFFIC SAFETY JANUARY 27-30, 1991 NEW DELHI, INDIA
- The University of Oregon, Eugene BS Degree 1964
- The University of California, Hastings College of Law 1967
- The National District Attorney’s College, Houston, Texas 1971
- California Bar Association
- Ventura County Bar Association
- United States Supreme Court